So your best friend has left you to go to some other country (for argument’s sake let’s say Ghana) and now you’re left to fend for yourself. As my own best friend separation nears it’s end (thank God) I’ve come to realize that no one should ever be left without their other half. You will go crazy and this is why.
1. Who are you supposed to watch your shows/movies with?All your shows are coming back on and you have no one to scream about them with. Also, you can’t have movie night by yourself. That’s just inhumane. Do you know how awkward it is to get to a really funny part of a movie, find yourself laughing, and then turn to see no one’s there laughing with you. “Haha so funny” *begins sobbing*.
2. “Ohmigosh you won’t believe what just happen!” – you said to no one because your bestie’s gone
This is probably the worst. Yes there are some instances, like getting a good grade or the job you’ve been waiting for, that everyone would understand your excitement but only your bestie knows how long you’ve been waiting to get that guys number or about that annoying girl in your class who always makes everyone look bad? Yeah, you just got a better grade then her and NO ONE ELSE UNDERSTANDS HOW GREAT THIS IS. So frustrating.
3. “This is the worst day ever!”
Same as number two but the opposite. Your day has completely sucked and you really need to vent to someone who will just let you whine and pretend they understand what you’re talking about even if they have no idea but that person isn’t here which then makes you feel worse. Now you’re just crying into your bowl of ice cream wondering why the world sucks.
4. You’ve now lost any motivation to go out
“Do you want to go out tonight?”
Thought process: Who am I going to dance with when my jam comes on? How am I supposed to know if that creeper behind me is in fact a creep? Who can I trust to tell me my outfit is cute or too much? Who’ll make sure I get home safe if I take one too many shots? WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ME?
“Yeah, maybe I’ll just stay in tonight.” It’s okay. Watching Netflix is way less stressful anyway.
5. “Where are they? What are they doing? Do they miss me? Are they having fun without me? What’s happening?”
Here comes the serious case of FOMO. Has s/he made new friends? Are they leaving you behind? Will they come back all cultured and not even like the same things anymore? Will they still like you? What will happen? Yep, you’ve officially lost it. It’s okay. Everything will be okay.
Truthfully, don’t stress. So your better half has left to go explore the world or something. Don’t worry. They’ll be back before you know it. Just try to hold together until then so they’ll have a friend to come back to. Good luck!