I read a lot of great books this month and I got a bunch of books too! Check out my first monthly wrap-up. I plan to do this at the end of every month as a recap of what I’ve read and what books I’ve either bought or was given to me during the month.
Number Of Books I Read This Month: 11
Top Three Books I Read This Month
1. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
I absolutely loved this book. A retelling of Beauty and the Beast, this novel follows 19-year-old Feyre who’s forced to go to Prythian, the land of faeries, with a beast that shows up at her door. Although at first she doesn’t trust him and is fearful for her life she begins to realize this beast may not be as beastly as she originally thought.
2. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
This book made me cry just as much as I expected it to, which was a lot. When Louisa Clark accepts a job as a caregiver to Will Traynor, a wheelchair bound man, she doesn’t know what to expect. Although they have almost nothing common Louisa finds herself trying her best to make Will happy and show him life is worth living.
3. Confess by Colleen Hoover
I’d never heard of Colleen Hoover until I joined bookstagram and saw her books everywhere but man I’m glad I finally dived in. Confess follows Auburn and Owen as they’re paths continue to cross and intersect, having positive and sometimes negative affects on both of their lives. Filled with twists and surprises this book kept me on my toes.
Other Books I Read This Month
Books To Buy
- You Were Here by Cori McCarthy
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- How Willa Got Her Groove Back by Emily McKay
- Pushing the Limits by Brooke Cumberland
- November 9 by Colleen Hoover
- Making Her His by Lucy Leroux
- The Steep and Thorny Way by Cat Winters
Books To Borrow
- How to be Bad by E. Lockhart, Sarah Mlynowski, and Lauren Myracle
Books I Received This Month
I didn’t buy any books this month because I’m currently on a book buying ban but hopefully that will change next month. Still, I did receive a box load of books from a friend of mine that works at HarperCollins Publishers. Here’s all the books I got and plan to read soon.
- Cruel Crown by Victoria Aveyard
- Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
- Happily Ever After by Kiera Cass
- Shatter Me Trilogy by Tahereh Mafi
- Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
What were your favorite reads of this month? Let me know in the comments below!